If your tooth needs to have the shape, size, strength, and appearance improved, Dr. Kenneth Schweizer may recommend a dental crown in Sarasota, Florida. A dental crown is a tooth-shaped covering that is placed over the tooth. When cemented in place, your dental crown will cover the whole visible part of the tooth. Our dentist may recommend a dental crown to:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking
- Hold together a cracked tooth
- Restore a broken tooth or a badly worn tooth
- Cover a tooth with a large dental filling
- Anchor dental bridge
- Cover irregularly shaped or a badly stained tooth
- Cover a dental implant
- Improve the appearance of your smile
To place a dental crown, our dentist will remove a small amount of tooth enamel to allow room for the dental crown in your smile. Impressions of the tooth and those above or below it are made so that your dental crown can be custom made. When your crown is ready, our dentist will place it in your mouth to check the color and fit. After any needed adjustments are made, our dentist will permanently cement the dental crown in place.
Feel free to contact our dental office today to learn more and to schedule your next appointment.