When you need to have a tooth removed, an extraction can be a difficult process, both emotionally and physically. The prospect of losing a tooth can be distasteful, but fortunately, there are many wonderful and amazing tooth replacement treatments that can ensure your smile will continue to look and function properly.
Are you ready for a tooth extraction this summer? Listed below are some important tips to better prepare you for a tooth extraction recovery:
– Smoking increases recovery time from an extraction, so give up smoking, or give it up for at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– It is important for your body to rest and relax after surgery, so try to avoid all forms of exercise and fitness, to give your body time to repair.
– If you dentist has given you instructions for recovery, follow them exactly as advised, and if any problems or concerns arise, be sure to let them know about it.
– Set forth a plan well before your tooth extraction procedure to ensure you have the best chance of success before, during, and after the procedure.
– If excessive swelling occurs, use an ice pack or medications as prescribed by your dentist.
– To avoid choking on food, do not eat until the general anesthetic completely wears off.
If you are looking for tooth extraction treatments in Sarasota, Florida, come see us soon. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Kenneth Schweizer, simply call our dentist office at 941-926-4888. With the help of our team, the pathway to a healthy smile can be yours.