If you have a toothache but you want to try and solve the problem before you make a trip to the dental office, this is the perfect blog for you! There are five different remedies you can try at home to finally sooth the pain you are experiencing, and those remedies include:
1. Use clove oil: Clove oil is often used to relieve toothaches. Pour some clove oil on a gauze pad or cotton ball and rub your tooth with it. This should relieve your pain and give you the comfort you are looking for.
2. Use vanilla extract: Like clove oil, when you coat the tooth with vanilla extract, your toothache will be soothed and you will experience a calming feeling. Put the vanilla extract on a cloth-like material and paint the tooth with the liquid.
3. Swish with salt water: When you swish salt water, the affected area is cleansed and the liquid is drawn out of the gums to reduce the swelling. Put a teaspoon of salt in a cup of water and swish it around in your mouth for about 30 seconds. After the time is up, spit the salt water into the sink and repeat the process until your tooth is feeling better.
4. Ice the area: Icing the area will help reduce swelling, decrease pain, and numb the nerves. Put a couple ice cubes in a plastic bag and place it over the gums that sit around your tooth or you can place it outside the cheek that covers the affected area.
5. Brush your teeth: Brushing your teeth cleans your smile and removes any bacteria that might be affecting your tooth. Use a toothbrush that caters to sensitive teeth and brush near and around the tooth that is in pain. You can also floss around the tooth to relieve any excess food substances that are causing the discomfort.
Although these remedies often work, we strongly recommend coming into our office if they are not successful in relieving your pain. If this is the case, there might be a bigger problem that needs treatment as soon as possible. Call our office today and schedule an appointment with our friendly dentist to finally experience the comfort and oral health you deserve!